Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mad As A Hatter: Realm of the Mad God


I want to share with you my words of wisdom, I really do. But I can't. Not while I'm maniacally shooting coloured pixels out of my Staff of Shootiness, vanquishing little green blobs or yellow cubes, as the Mad God himself rants about his invincibility, and Ghost King invites me personally to hot Pixel Hero-to-Pixel Monster action with him. A friend gave me this little link a couple of days ago, followed by an innocent comment like: "Go and play it. It's fun." Suffice to say, he is not my friend anymore.


Realm of the Mad God is not fun. It's an endless hell of shooting and dodging purple, orange and white balls of something, while compulsively searching for loot and yelling "hp", "train", and "NEED STUFF FOR PRIEST". It's as close to 8-Bit Theater MMO RPG as it gets. It's a browser game which occupied my attention for days now. It's evil.


Don't play it! Seriously, don't. But you can read a line or two of Alec Meer's dark, angst ridden diary of the thing. There's also a review of the diabolic indie game here, if you're into that kind of stuff. As for me, I'll finish my overdue Let Me Elaborate essay, and post it right away - as soon as I reach 20 with a priest and unlock that necromancer class. And then try it out a bit. A level or two, no more. Honest.  



No comments:

Post a Comment